Violet - CBC series



I have been meaning to get out of the prolonged absence from my blog. So when CBC came up with this prompt I decided to use this opportunity. Then it hit me! This is a colour related series and for someone who is colour challenged, I wondered if I was biting off too much than I can chew!

So here goes this is the Vibgyor series and it starts with Violet.

Colours for me are basic so simple names are enough to understand what I am seeing.  So Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, Brown, Black, Grey, White, Orange and Violet would be almost all the colours that I will understand. Cyan, Fuchsia, Magenta, Mauve, Amber, Ochre and some more made me look up a dictionary back then, nowadays I Google it.

I have heard people being named Violet, so I wondered why would anyone name after a colour, if not named for the colour and named for a flower, why would anyone go for this flower instead of the popular Rose or Jasmine? I will stop with these as my knowledge of flowers are as limited as my knowledge of flowers.

Like many other things even colours seem to have a gender connection.  When you see the colours that are attributed to men for long violet and its cousins namely purple, pink etc did not make the cut. With the advent of the term metrosexual these colors slowly crept into the palette of blues, blacks, whites, greys and browns.

I have some shirts from the violet family though they are yet to be work wear and tend to be more of the weekends wear type.  With the current scenario maybe they will become work wear too?



Comments

  1. It's wonderful that we bloggers come up with something nice to read even when the topic is a bit vague. For example, I didn't know what to write but once I had started, the post just flowed. Yours seems quite similar to mine.

    Looking forward to Indigo tomorrow!

    Best wishes,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your take on this?

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer