Lessons from the lockdown #7

Lessons from the lock down

This series comes to a close with two pieces of writing that have touched me and are a source of inspiration (Excerpts from the poem)

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;…

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:….;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:...!"

…Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
– Rudyard Kipling

Different lines in this poem talked to me at different times and this lock down has been a roller coaster of emotions. If you have not read the poem do look it up. I know that the above poem may have inspired you and even if one line spoke to you then its good. If it did not maybe this hymn may:

Make me a channel of Your peace
Where there is hatred, let me bring Your love
Where there is injury, Your pardon Lord
And where there's doubt, true faith in You
Make me a channel of Your peace
Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope
Where there is darkness, only light
And where there's sadness, ever joy
Oh Master, grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console
To be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love with all my soul
Make me a channel of Your peace
It is pardoning that we are pardoned
In giving to all men that we receive
And in dying that we're born to eternal life
   Prayer of St Francis of Assisi adapted for song

We have been locked down for over 50 days and we have seen much. This lock down has affected us in many ways. The question before us is: will we be locked down or will we rise? Because:
This too shall pass.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer