Lessons from the lockdown #5

Lessons from the lockdown

Anger: (def) a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility.


Anger is a cause of misery, both from the sender and the receiver. Anger can be costly for all parties involved; some direct costs, some consequential costs. There is something called righteous anger – a sense of anger that comes from perceived injustice. It is called righteous because this type of anger is “right anger” to the person who feels it.

In the lockdown I have been angry because of various reasons but mostly at what I see around. The media helps to add fuel to the fire at times when I see the injustice of it all. Lack of food, work, shelter for many who are ignored, abandoned and when they die reduced to the footnotes of the newspapers, they become just a statistic with the dignity of their names also denied to them.

I am angry because there are some who are either callous or reckless when they go walking in groups disregarding the advisories given by the government. I am angry when people flaunt their privileges on the social media when even a little of it can be a world of difference to someone. I am angry when people who can afford to pay their helps in full or part for the period they are locked down deny the helps their wages. I am angry that people who want treatment from doctors deny a doctor a final resting place. I am angry and then I pause and check if I am a part of any of the above.

Through some good fortune I have been added to a group of volunteers who are doing their little bit to reach out those in need in whatever ways possible. This group works in close consultation with the government agencies to avoid duplication and also ensure that help reaches those in need.  Maybe it is my anger but I keep looking out for things to do that can make a little difference to someone.

Anger can be righteous.

Google gave a beautiful image for this post




Comments

  1. Anonymous9:48 pm

    Mathew 5:22

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of what Bharathiyar and now Kamal keeps repeating at MNM. On another note, do share a link to those volunteers' page so others (like me) can see if we help in any way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a by invite WhatsApp group. Will send a msg to the admin

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your take on this?

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer