Lock down Learnings #1


Lessons from the lock down:

Gratitude: if you  have roof over your head, food on your table, some money in the bank, a job that you can go back to and are of good health, you have no idea how blessed you are. I realized this in a few days after the lockdown when I saw the people around: the unknown, the unspoken for, the unrecognized and the uncared for, the real India, the people who make and build the nation.

I was part of the jolly group of people who celebrated the good times at home and then I saw around me so many people for whom home was a distant mirage. Stories emerged about the way the lock down has been handled and the apparent callous planning that seemed to care only for the privileged ones. By privileged it will be the people who will read posts like this or make videos of their "challenges". For the less privileged, life itself is a privilege that many others are grudging them.

I am thankful for all the mercies that I have received, which I have taken for granted all along and I regret that have drowned in my false privileges. 


Finally we don’t need a PM to Care for the neighbor, because it may be too late. You and I can do much better. And we don’t even need to post what we do on Social media because the likes don't fill an empty stomach.


Comments

  1. so true.. i say a word of thanks every morning and at night...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your take on this?

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer