Hee hee !! Had one like this a few months back and I really wished it was true and then they chased me with mail after mail asking for abot 33000/- Rs so they could send the cheque !! I blocked the sender !! :)
This was a crude translation of a proverb that comedian Karunas (as pointed out by Chriz ) made famous in one movie. The Tamil original runs thus, “Kazhutha ketta, kutti suvaru” so you have the translation. I heard that line somewhere and I wondered especially having heard the translation as to what could have been the origin of the proverb. Any ideas? PS: I Googled it and did find something.
This post was spurred by some grammar related conversations in the CBC I went through college with the tag “Peter” or the longer “Appa tie, amma gown” . If you have not got it yet, my English was flawless and for those who could not follow what I said they thought that this was payback. It was not a fluke, my parents did not have a convent education but they ensure that my brother & I got one. It was an Anglo Indian school where speaking any other language but English meant you ran rounds around the decent sized play ground. My neighbours were Anglo Indians too, a wonderful couple who also taught for a living in my school, did i forget to mention they had two daughters who were similar in age to my brother and me ensuring that we played & grew up together for a few years. As it was English near home and in school my fluency increased. But even this upbringing may not have been enough were it not for one unforgettable instance when I noticed that the wa...
I remember being taught “matha, pitha, guru, deivam” or “mother, father, teacher, god” way back in school during my earliest Tamil classes. The order of priority may vary and I’m sure is an intensely personal issue, but the fact that parents and teacher are elevated above the Almighty shows the roles and responsibilities they have. However we have seen incidents that were probably going on for so long but now have been brought to the public eye by our innumerable media houses, incidents like beating, abuse, molestation, rape and other unspeakable abuses the children endure under the hands of teachers. Too often we see teachers committing crimes that deserve the strictest possible form of punishment and often getting away with it easily. Yesterday we saw a teacher in a girl’s school trapped in a sting operation by a Hindi news channel. Her crime (yes, it was a woman), drugging her students and making pornographic movies with them, later on using these movies to threaten ...
hmmmm is it that chain mail you've got or are you shiftting to a new and better job.
ReplyDelete@ Pseudonym:Chain mail of course. I may shift got a few interviews lined up.
ReplyDeleteIf the spammers want to people convince people it is not a spam, they should at least make the amount look realistic.
ReplyDeleteAs the old adage goes "Erukaratha vitutu Parakarathuku aasai padarathu"
ReplyDeleteget the clue???
Easy come, easy go! Dont believe all that Clement! =p!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Ash, did u really think that I had fallen for that?
ReplyDeleteHee hee !! Had one like this a few months back and I really wished it was true and then they chased me with mail after mail asking for abot 33000/- Rs so they could send the cheque !! I blocked the sender !! :)
ReplyDeletedear sir,
ReplyDeletei resign.
now &^&%^%^*(!
...ya that sounds pretty good!