I came, I saw, I blog.
I think, therefore I blog.
I blog.
Memories of the workplace!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Sitting at home during my sick leave, I was reminiscing about a phone call from work. Somehow I came upon these... Why do I get this feeling of deja vu?
haha. funny that, but honestly i cant relate to it :|
i'm scared, to be very honest. i've finally reached a stage in my life when i cant play around anymore. and you're already out there in the real world, doing it. hats off to you corporate band wagon folks. i'll be joining you soon. brr. :|
hey indiblogger is hosting a chennai blogger meet! http://www.indiblogger.in/bloggermeet.php?id=9 It’ll be awesome if all the chennai bloggers can make it. Hope to see you there! :)
This was a crude translation of a proverb that comedian Karunas (as pointed out by Chriz ) made famous in one movie. The Tamil original runs thus, “Kazhutha ketta, kutti suvaru” so you have the translation. I heard that line somewhere and I wondered especially having heard the translation as to what could have been the origin of the proverb. Any ideas? PS: I Googled it and did find something.
This post was spurred by some grammar related conversations in the CBC I went through college with the tag “Peter” or the longer “Appa tie, amma gown” . If you have not got it yet, my English was flawless and for those who could not follow what I said they thought that this was payback. It was not a fluke, my parents did not have a convent education but they ensure that my brother & I got one. It was an Anglo Indian school where speaking any other language but English meant you ran rounds around the decent sized play ground. My neighbours were Anglo Indians too, a wonderful couple who also taught for a living in my school, did i forget to mention they had two daughters who were similar in age to my brother and me ensuring that we played & grew up together for a few years. As it was English near home and in school my fluency increased. But even this upbringing may not have been enough were it not for one unforgettable instance when I noticed that the wa...
I remember being taught “matha, pitha, guru, deivam” or “mother, father, teacher, god” way back in school during my earliest Tamil classes. The order of priority may vary and I’m sure is an intensely personal issue, but the fact that parents and teacher are elevated above the Almighty shows the roles and responsibilities they have. However we have seen incidents that were probably going on for so long but now have been brought to the public eye by our innumerable media houses, incidents like beating, abuse, molestation, rape and other unspeakable abuses the children endure under the hands of teachers. Too often we see teachers committing crimes that deserve the strictest possible form of punishment and often getting away with it easily. Yesterday we saw a teacher in a girl’s school trapped in a sting operation by a Hindi news channel. Her crime (yes, it was a woman), drugging her students and making pornographic movies with them, later on using these movies to threaten ...
Wow! I'm glad I've had good bosses fortunately! :)
ReplyDeletemvr hd a boss unfortunately... or fortunately... bt lke u said 'this too shall pass... chin up!"
ReplyDeleteoh bw... r u bettr nw?
Are you feeling better now?
ReplyDeletehaha. funny that, but honestly i cant relate to it :|
ReplyDeletei'm scared, to be very honest. i've finally reached a stage in my life when i cant play around anymore. and you're already out there in the real world, doing it. hats off to you corporate band wagon folks. i'll be joining you soon. brr. :|
did i mention im scared? :O
Scared!!! About what? Dont be scared child...
ReplyDeletesick leave.. are you alright now? back to work and fit and fine?
ReplyDeletehey indiblogger is hosting a chennai blogger meet! http://www.indiblogger.in/bloggermeet.php?id=9
ReplyDeleteIt’ll be awesome if all the chennai bloggers can make it. Hope to see you there! :)