Tring tring...



Mobile companies earn good money with the caller tunes. These caller tunes ensure that the caller does not have to listen to the boring ring and can actually make the wait pleasant for those at the calling end. There are so many tunes available of varied genres and churning out these tunes is an industry by itself that runs under the VAS moniker.

Companies paying the mobile bill and who are smart marketers end up imposing the corporate tone which is usually the company jingle or a promotional tune. I have wondered if these companies have some instruction that the incoming call be picked up after a few rings so that the caller gets the message. Fortunately my organization has the tune only in the Vodafone network and till date it is an optional tune. However there is an unwritten rule that the caller tunes should be preferably instrumental only.


Like the ringtones on the phone the caller tone also can give an insight to the person on the other end. Therefore it is obvious that the tone be selected with some thought. I would be very wary if I were to call a professional contact and be greeted by...
                     


This post was caused by me calling a classmate after many years and I was told that he is in a senior role in the ITES industry. I was greeted by...

                   
. For a brief moment I was stunned, then I told myself that it is the industry and it is a personal connection but still it was a little jarring.


I am used to being greeting by bhajans and... 
                  
these people may need to be handled with care. While I respect their religious views at times it appears that this is imposing their views on others. I enjoy listening to old songs some of which come very rarely on TV or radio and you know that the person on the other side is either very old or very old fashioned. Likewise a hip hop number tells you that they will be from the post 90’s. I will leave it to you to figure out what to think of someone who has The Final Countdown as his ring tone.
While the caller tone can at best be a private embarrassment if inappropriate the ring tones can be very annoying to others and extremely embarrassing to the owner of the phone. During a serious meeting with the team there was one moment when at full came...





P.S. Nalla pottom avana..

Image courtesy Google Images
Videos courtesy Youtube

Comments

  1. OMG. I have thought about this many times and do not get it. Some senior person having some corny ringtone. The same goes for email ids - happyguy@ . . . sexycool@ . . . butterflykisses@ . . .

    Well, hope some common sense is instilled.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your take on this?

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer