Thursday, October 05, 2006

R.I.P - Me

I am seriously considering publishing my obituary (when I'm still alive) in the leading dailies and see the reactions it causes. A man is truly wealthy if he is sorely missed by atleast 4 people who are not related to him by birth. I want to know how rich I really am.

I know for sure that my family will shed tears and they will miss me (hopefully) but I wonder how many of my friends and other neighbours I have truly touched. It is ironical that we save up all the compliments pertaining to a person till the funeral, how many times we have refrained from giving it to the person concerned when he was still there with us.

I remember the scene when we had gathered to bid farewell to a cose frien who passed away under very tragic circumstances in the prime of his youth, where I realized what an amazing person he was. It was a truly humbling experience to realize that my friend though not the best of men as per conventinal standards was in fact a true gem among commoners, for he had made a profound impact on so many.

It is scary to think, if I have lived my life in such a way that I have drawn people to me purely out of love and made a success of it. I would love to die to find out and so we return to the start of this post again.....

2 comments:

harlequin said...

yeah, it would be nice to find out whom we have touched.. but i dont think ill be willing to die for it! thanks for ur comment in my page, by the way..

chherish said...

I have always maintained that anybody would be missed on their death. people will miss me too when i am dead. i know for sure, so i dont want to die just to find out.
When i die i want people to miss me. i dont want them to find another replacement for me. well, just try and see if u can... Hmmm i know u cant!