I am an Indian...


On the eve of January 26th some thoughts were in my mind. Idiots are now painting patriotism in varied colours in a way the fathers of constitution never imagined. In case you wondered in no particular order:
-          I can speak English, French, Tamil or any language, I am an Indian
-          I can eat meat or I may choose not to, I am an Indian
-          I can follow any faith or be faithless, I am an Indian
-          I can be political or apolitical, I am an Indian
-          I can be from the minority, I am an Indian
-          I can be different, I am an Indian
-          I believe that unity in diversity is the fabric of our country, I am an Indian
-          I believe that my freedom which was won by great freedom fighters of old cannot be denied by anyone who believes otherwise, I am an Indian
-          I believe that justice is not by mobs and kangaroo courts, I am an Indian
-          I do not think that my mother is an animal, I am an Indian
-          I do not think that anyone is superior to another by virtue of birth, I am an Indian
-          I know that Hindi is not the national language of our country, I am an Indian
-          I know that I have the power to choose the destiny of my country by the political process, I am an Indian
-          I know that as a citizen of this country I have my rights, duties and responsibilities, I am an Indian
-          I know that justice, liberty, equality and fraternity are the foundation stones of our country, I am an Indian
-          I know that the Constitution is supreme in our country, I am an Indian

The question is “are you an Indian, despite whatever you think you are”?



Pic Courtesy: Google Images of the preamble to the constitution

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer