Today there was an automobile collision near office. I will avoid the word accident in deference to Oogway. In this instance it was sheer hara kiri. A two wheeler rider jumped the stop light and ran into a hapless Honda City driver. To my untrained eye the damage appeared like three thousand odd for the Hero Impulse motorbike and at least thirty thousand for the Honda City. The rider is in hospital with minor injuries. This incident brought back a very unpleasant memory which I had forgotten. The picture above is a sad reminder of that memory.
This incident, my incident and several others like these always raise the following questions:
- Why is the public sympathy for the one at fault? He may have hurt himself but it was his own doing
- Why are those in cars perceived to be the villains? I do not set out every day with an intention to destroy my car
- Why are the police procedures so unfair to the victim? Here I am clear that the victim is the Honda City driver
- Why does this government favour two wheeler riders over others? They do not pay for parking, toll fees etc making a two wheeler more attractive than a car
- Why are the traffic cops allowing law breakers like these to still roam scot free?
- If I have no pity for the two wheeler rider, am I evil?
I have been the victim on more than one occasion when for no fault of mine my car has been vandalized by two wheeler drivers and I ended up paying for it thanks to the helpful souls who let the offender go scot free. I am sure that the rider got away today also as he is in the hospital.
I am angry at the injustice in this world.
Why? Why? Why?