Good day to you. You are warmly invited to a music concert on Sunday, 31st August at 6 pm at the Sivagami Pethachi Auditorium (Inside the M.C.T.M Chidambaram Chettiar school) in Mylapore on Luz Church Road.
This is a concert done by The John Millns Choir in aid of an organisation named Friends For The Needy and also in memory of the Late Rev. John Millns who was in Madras during the late 1940s and 50s as a minister of the Wesley Circuit of Churches. He was a great Tenor singer himself and trained many when he was here, the Founder-Conductor of the John Millns Chorale, Jabez Janagaraj, being one of them himself.
The concert will be accompanied by an Orchestra (all of whom play for Ilaiyaraja and Rahman) comprising 8 violins (4+4), 3 violas, 2 cellos, 1 double bass, a trumpet and flute and will also be accompanied on the keyboard by Samuel Abeysekera, the Founder-Director of the famous Tamil Trio - The Three Chords. An added attraction will be the trombone for one orchestral number called Nostalgia, arranged by the Leader of the orchestra, Jerry Fernandes, played by the trumpeter himself.
You could watch out for the following numbers which are bound to arrest your attention:
- Mine Eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord, an arrangement by Jabez Janagaraj, the conductor.
- If I can help somebody as I pass along, a song dedicated solemnly to Rev. John Millns who lived his life helping others.
- Ascotte Gavotte from My Fair Lady, a jolly tune with the orchestra going in full flow.
- Sixteen Tons, a song based on the misery of coal miners in the 1930s by Merle Travis, sung as a solo by my good friend and great bass singer, John Fredric with the choir backing him up.
- When the saints go marching in, with the audience participating in it.
You are most welcome to join us that day. Bring your friends who love music and choir singing.
For any other details call me.