To do or not to do, that is the question



There are times when I wish that I had not done my MBA and had done something else. Don’t ask me what something else is, at this moment I have no clue. No clue is the operative word today and as the name of my Blog goes, I don’t know where I’m going.

Coming to my MBA, I had a good mid tier institute and a got placed off campus in a good conglomerate and 7 years and several job shifts I am nowhere close to figuring out where I am going. The problem with many B-school graduates is that their course insulates them from the world ahead and prepares them for a cushy job in most cases. Campus placement is the buzz word and the raison-etre for many of these institutes.

A MBA degree or diploma (even IIM gives a diploma) can take you places but only to a point and then you are left wondering what next? Ironically most of the top business men and wealth creators have not stepped into a B-school at least till they got their honorary degrees or became guest resource persons. So it appears if you don’t do a MBA you are more prepared to plunge into the world of business. Once you are up there you can any number of degrees or B-schools!

If you are wondering why I’m beating around the bush, its simply because I have been bitten by the entrepreneurial bug some time ago and have come up with quite a few killer ideas, however the fear of the plunge has kept me back and I have seen many others operationalize my ideas and make a business of it. Even now I sit with a few ideas but I need a kick up the butt to go places literally! Part of the blame goes to my MBA where entrepreneurship was but an optional paper and attendance was poor. D often wryly says that I can start a business of generating killer entrepreneur ideas and sell them since I’m got at ideating (got it from the IBM ad), incidentally most of my ideas come when I’m flat on the bed or in the loo.

Will I make it? Time will tell and if you stick around my blog will tell.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:51 pm

    i am making my third industry shift after three years of working.. can understand this.. and i agree with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey MBA is an over hyped course. That's what I feel 6 years after completing it I worked and I hated it. Am part of the family business and there is not much to be done there Time to rock my brain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very impressive blog.

    Well, I guess this is one question that haunts everyone at some point of time.

    Hmmmm here's something I thought I'll share with you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc
    I don't know if you've seen it already. But I guess this would be the right time.

    keep it rollin;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your take on this?

Popular posts from this blog

Bad donkey, small wall.

Po poi velaya paaru...

Battle of the movies - Annaathe Vs Jailer